Friday, April 20, 2012

Reflecting on Learning

·        My most passionate hope for the future as an early childhood professional and for the children and families with whom I work, is that

…in spite of their gender, race, language, sexual orientation, beliefs/faith, economic/social class, and/or abilities, every child/family will receive the respect, the right to live without fear, and the opportunities to reach their highest potentials.
Even though anti-bias education is accepted and practiced up to some level in all the schools, my personal belief is that it is not practiced strongly enough. If the educators/adults practice anti-bias practices more consciously, the young children would be more aware of the acceptance, respect, and care for the all human beings no matter all differences. If there is acceptance, compassion and respect for all human beings then the world will be a much calmer and more peaceful place for all living beings.


·        A brief note of thanks to my colleagues
Here we are reaching another step closer to our final destination
We worked together, learned together, and shared our inspirations and hopes together on a respecting and accepting tomorrow for the children of the world
All my colleagues, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support and inspirations you given me through out this course
I wish you all the success and bright future full of love, respect and adventures
Hope to meet everyone again our next step of this great journey
Love, peace and happiness to all!!
 

5 comments:

  1. Venuri,

    I enjoyed reading such a wonderful blog. The school within my community teaches very little about anti-bias education. After being in this class for the last eight weeks, it has taught me the importance of teaching children,parents,and educators about anti-bias education. It is my job to bring awareness for anti-bias education within my school and community. Also, I am looking forward to working together in our last class as our journey continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Venuri, Thanks for sharing such a remarkable journey with us. You raised awareness to the need for all early childhod professionals to be culturally and linguistically responsive to all childrn. It is our duty and responsibility to the children, families, and the profession. Thanks for your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Venuri,
    Thanks for your shared knowledge, and inspiration to move on. When I felt like giving up, you were there, when I felt like screaming, you were there (Lol), and I say a BIG Thank you.
    I wish you great success in your future courses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Venuri,
    I can mostly definitely say that I have learned a lot of you and your family. The continuous thought of helping others has been a new concept that I will continue to learn and use because I have not always been that way. Thanks for your support, comments and opinions. CHeryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Venuri,
    I also believe that adults must practice anti-bias approaches to model to children. If we not only encourage respect but teach them to show it through our own actions, children will be more likely to take on this approach. It has been yet another enjoyable class room experience. Thank you for all of your expertise and good luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete